Saturday, October 18, 2008

Top Ten Lies Satan Uses to Mislead Thai People about God (Part 1)




As I continued to be a witness for Jesus to Thai friends, my family, and whoever I encountered in my daily life, I observed that Satan often uses these same old lies to confuse Thai people about Christianity. The Bible says that Satan is cunning and full of schemes (Genesis 3:1). I would like to share his devious schemes with all of you so that you will be aware of his plan to destroy mankind. The main reason he wants to spew out these lies is that he did not want you to believe in God. But God is the most wonderful, the most loving, and the sweetest Person you will ever meet. If you never know God personally in your life, you miss out knowing your best friend who loves you and who is dependable and trustworthy. God wants to know you and receives you into His arms. Don't let these lies obstructing you from knowing your Creator and your Father in heaven.

Lie Number One: Christianity is a foreign (western) religion. Christianity is only for American people with blond hair and blue eyes. This is the most outrageous lie. God is the God of all creation. The Bible says, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." (Genesis 1:1). And God created man in His image (Genesis 1:26). That's right! God created all of us, whether we are Thais, Americans, Jews, Chinese, Europeans, etc.

Lie Number Two: God does not exist. There is no God. Satan uses this tactic very often to confuse people. If you look around you, you will see that the beautiful, complicated world that we live in testifies that there is a Creator. God says, "I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me." (Isaiah 46:9) And "I am he; I am the first and I am the last. My own hand laid the foundations of the earth." (Isaiah 48: 12-13)

Lie Number Three: There is no hell. Hell is something that religious people invented to scare other people. But the truth is there is, in fact, Hell. The word "hell" is used at least 54 times in the Bible. Even in Thai and other cultures, there are some references about a place called Hell. The description of hell from the Bible is gruesome. It says, "they will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 13:42) "It (the fire) will not be quenched night and day; its smoke will rise forever." (Isaiah 34:10)

Lie Number Four: When people die, they will go into a state of nothingness or they will be reincarnated as animals or humans. When I was not a Christian, Satan sold me this lie and I believed that after I died, I would come back as another person. But the Bible made it clear that God made us a unique individual and we live only once. The Bible tells us,"And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment." (Hebrews 9:27)

Lie Number Five: Jesus is only a mortal man, just like any other religious leaders. This lie is used a lot with Thai people to dissuade us from believing in the divinity of Jesus. I myself used to think that Jesus was just a human. However, after I read the Bible and put Christianity under close scrutiny, I found out that Jesus is unique. Jesus is God incarnated. Jesus performed supernatural miracles that no one else can do. "The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, ..." (Matthew 11:5) The most amazing miracle is Jesus' own resurrection. After being crucified, on the third day, Jesus was raised from death and came back to life.

Wow, do you think a human being can do that? Of course, not! The good news is Jesus is God. He is the Savior of the world who loves you and who cares about you. Don't believe in Satan's lies and miss out His good news.

--------------------------------

Five more lies ---to be continued in Part 2

No comments: