Saturday, September 20, 2008

"I Am The Way"




I still remember my nerve-racking adventure in Washington, D.C. as if it was yesterday. There I was, first time in the capital city, with a set of keys fresh from a car rental office, and the name and the address of where I was to attend a meeting. I knew what highways I would take but unfortunately, I did not have a map of Washington, D.C. With sweaty palms turning the wheel, I started to pray that the Lord would lead me to His people so that I could accomplish what I was there for. The meeting was set up by a Christian organization for its volunteers and it had started in the morning even before my plane arrived. I did not want to get lost in the big city and missed out the whole thing.

True to His promise that He would take care of me, God steered me to the right direction and I found the church where the meeting was conducted. It did not take me long at all. I had to make turn after turn and covered a long distance but I finally arrived safely at my destination.

In our life, God is the One who leads us. He is the Only Way that will lead you to your home in heaven safely. Even though you are now faced with great difficulties and it seems like you can't go on anymore, God is always with you and He is in control. Obstacles and problems might look like dead end streets and you might have to take several turns. But God will do exactly what He promised. He will lead you home because He is the faithful and almighty God.

No comments: