Sunday, September 21, 2008

Kha Nom Jeen and Cheese Pizza


Yesterday, while I was driving back home from work, I was pretty hungry. All day long, I had been running around, taking care of people at the library with light snacks in my stomach. While I was thinking about what I would have for dinner, my friend called me on my cell phone. She invited me to eat Kha Nom Jeen at her house. My friend is an unparalleled cook of Thai delicacies and her authentic Thai dishes are, well, delicious! For those of you who don't know what Kha Nom Jeen is, it is a typical Thai dish of rice noodles topped with aromatic spicy chicken or fish gravy. It's one of my favorite dishes! I immediately drove to her home and had dinner with her lovely family. Before I left my friend's place, she packed me some more Kha Nom Jeen in a ceramic pot and I was rejoicing in my midnight snack!

I called my husband, who was still at work. He told me that before he left home, he was so busy that he grabbed only a small bag of chips for his dinner. For other days, he usually brought a sandwich and other foods to go with it. Miraculously, that evening, a customer ordered many kinds of pizza and gave them to the staff. My husband ate the cheese pizza and enjoyed it. We marveled at this blessing as we thanked God for His wonderful provisions.

Do you remember when Jesus fed five thousand people with five loaves of bread and two fish(Matthew 14: 13-21)? God is the constant Provider who takes care of our needs. He is lovely and awesome. He even knows exactly what we like to eat! Two thousand years ago, Jesus treated the Israelis with bread and fish. Yesterday, He treated us with a nice delicious dish of Kha Nom Jeen and cheese pizza.

No comments: