Sunday, September 21, 2008

Love is an Action Word



People often asked me why did I become a Christian. Well, the answer is easy. I know that God loves me and I love God deeply. He is everything for me and vice versa. Jesus said, "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you." (John 15:9) But God did not only say these words to be impressive. He demonstrated His love to me by sacrificing His own life on the cross. I know that His love for me is real because of his action.

When I was young, my mother took care of all of us kids by washing our dirty clothes. At that time, we did not have the convenience of a washing machine like today. Every evening after school, I would see my mom sitting in front of soapy bowls, scrubbing our clothes by hands. Another time, we did not have enough food or money in our house. I remembered we only had an apple in an empty refrigerator. My mom let me eat that apple, while I knew that she was also equally hungry.

Those were touching experiences that I will never forget. My mom often told me that she loved me but those actions in the past imprinted in my mind more than her words. Her sacrifices demonstrated her deep love for me over the years.

God's love is unconditional, personal, and unfailing. For God, love is not only composed of empty words. God took action by reaching out to us and sacrificing everything for us, even His own life. I would like to invite anyone who hasn't known God personally to open his heart to Him. He is an action-taking God who will not fail you.

No comments: